Museum exhibits give an historical snapshot dating back to the ice age floods, the early days of the Kalispel and Kootenai people, the fur trade, steamboat era, log drives and stump ranches. Visitors will learn how Sandpoint grew from a few shacks along the railroad to the resort town we know today, and the early beginnings of the small logging, mining, agriculture and railroad communities that dot the roadways in Bonner County.
To receive notification of new exhibits and programs, please subscribe to our email list.
Tuesday through Friday
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
1st Saturday of each month
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (FREE admission)
$4.00 – Adults
$3.00 – Seniors
$1.00 – 6-18 years
Free – Members & children under 6
Free for everyone on the 1st Saturday of each month
The Museum will be closed beginning on May 20, and will re-open on June 3, as well install our newest temporary exhibit, “Once Upon a Time in Bonner County”
We request that large groups and bus tours please call ahead of your visit. We are happy to arrange guided tours for school classes and there is no admission charge for public schools on a scheduled visit. Please call 263-2344 to set up a tour.
While you are in the area, check out a few of Bonner County’s other great attractions
A Few of Our Favorite Restaurants
- Trinity at City Beach, http://www.trinityatcitybeach.com/
- 41 South & Shoga Sushi, http://41southsandpoint.com/
- Mick Duffs, http://mickduffs.com/
- Hoot Owl Café, http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/170/974809/restaurant/Idaho/Sandpoint/Hoot-Owl-Cafe-Ponderay
- Sweet Lous, http://www.sweetlousidaho.com/
- Ivanos, http://ivanos-sandpoint.com/
- The Pie Hut, http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-pie-hut-sandpoint
- Elmira Country Store, http://thehamblogger.com/3404/elmira-store-cafe-elmira-id/
- Pack River General Store, http://www.packriverstore.com/
- Bird Aviation Museum & Adventure Center, http://www.birdaviationmuseum.com/
- Boundary County Museum, http://www.bonnersferrymuseum.org/
- Priest River Museum, http://www.idahoheritage.org/assets/popups/north/n_prmuseum.html
- Priest Lake Museum, http://plmuseum.org/
- The Hive, http://www.livefromthehive.com/
- Schweitzer Mountain Resort, http://www.schweitzer.com/